Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cheese Hill Challenge Need to Come Back!

I'm back!


I'll try my best to post my blog every week on the new season.


It's great to have Amazing Race back on the tube!


First of all, I am really disappointed to not see a Parent & Child team on this season, it is just really heartbreaking. I mean, Nancy & Emily (Mother & Daughter team) were a big reason why I watched the first season. I rooted for them and it was great to watch their relationship bloomed during the race. They were a big reason why I wanted to do the race with my mom in the first place. A great way to share a lifetime experience with your parent, right?


I guess it is just a big disappointment since it's in 20th season (and ten years now) and none of Parent/Child teams won a race ever. Only Parent & Child teams that came that close from winning the Amazing Race were Ronald & Christina (Season 12 - second place), my Mom & I (Season 14 - third place) and Gary & Mallory (Season 18 - 3rd place). I remember at one point in China where Mallory, Christina and I got together and talked about how one of us have to win the Amazing Race and how we need to get to the Final Three together. Apparently, India weren't too fond of Ronald & Christina and my Mom & I!!!


Hopefully, there will be a Parent & Child team on Season 21 and finally WIN the whole thing! Fingers Cross.


Ok, time for my breakdown on new teams this season.


It seems like there's a LOTS of government-type teams this season. I can see this season being so cut-throatting. I already said this before, I am not a big fan of cross-over teams so, I am not too thrilled to see Brendon & Rachel on the Race. They nearly killed each other on Big Brother. I would not be surprised if they did not make it out on the Race alive.


When Phil explained about hot air balloons, I expected there would be a penalty for a team that finishes the task last but this time, there's no penalty. I was disappointed. I mean, I know every season & rules are different. But, just imagine that, if there's no penalty for last team at the starting line on Unfinished Business then the whole race probably would have a totally different outcome. Who knows how well Amanda & Kris would have done??


I loved the roadblock twist!! Really tricky! I am sure it will keep teams on their toes for entire race when they have to chose who to perform the roadblock task. Hopefully we'll see tricky roadblock again in second episode.


To be honest, I was not too impressed with empanada task. Sure, it is tricky but simple. I think the first task in the first leg should be at least somehow brutal. Or make them eat empanadas. To make the teams work hard to earn their spots on the Race. Remember the cheese hill task on my first season? Now, that's pretty brutal and utterly exhausting! I mean, a cheese wheel could have killed poor Mel if it hits him! We were covered in mud and cow manure. The first leg on 18th season were pretty brutal as well. We had to run 1 1/2 mile to the pit stop in 100 degree weather. Compass was pretty heavy to carry as well. We were just practically dying!!!


I would have liked to see the pit stop to be like a mile away instead of right next to empanada task. Make the teams sweat their blood out!


Clowns... At the first glance, they stand no chance on this season. They're not pretty athletic like rest of teams are. I'm just baffled when Cherie cried in car. I mean, for god's sake, they have not even reached to the first task! It's just in the beginning. She need to get it together and be aware that the teams could always get lost or stumped at the challenges that give them a chance to pass them just like at empanada task. After all it is Amazing Race. Teams often makes mistakes. Nobody are perfect at racing around the world.  They would be pretty lucky if they get to survive for few more legs.


My prediction for the Final Three: Nary & Jamie, Elliot & Andrew, and Dave & Rachel (Express Pass Winners - given with past history, Expass Pass Winners usually make it to the Final 3).


Let's hope the challenges on second leg going to be much tougher! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment