Monday, September 19, 2011

Season 19

Hi,

Y'all probably already know me pretty well now that I have been on two seasons of The Amazing Race. I'm well-known for the guy who slipped up at the surfboards challenge right before the Finish Line on Season 14!! That would have been pretty cool if my Mom and I won the Amazing Race despite we managed to overcome several obstacles during the Race. We were fortunately enough to do the second season of Amazing Race. Esp. that I am a huge fan of Amazing Race since the Day One! I never thought in million years that I would ever get to race around the world twice!!! 


Now.... Season 19! I'd like to welcome the teams to Amazing Race family! I am pretty surprised to see there's so many athletes on the Race! Let's hope we'll get to see several footraces to the Pit Stops. That is one of my favorite things about Amazing Race


Time for the new twists... Double Elimination and Hazard!! I am not a big fan of Double Elimination... Remember the one on Season 10 where they had an elimination point in the middle of the first leg and other elimination at the end of the first leg? That was a heart-breaking to see like that. But... it probably would be epic to see several teams running to the pit stop at same time in order to survive the Double Elimination. I'll feel bad for the team whoever comes in second to the last place during the Double Elimination, that seems little unfair... Again, it's part of the game. Move on to Hazard twist, it seems like it is very similar to Automatic U-Turn where we had to do the first challenge at the starting line on my second season (Unfinished Business). Whoever finishes the challenge last will receive Hazard (30 minutes penalty after check in at the pit stop).


There is one team I am really surprised to see on Amazing Race is Ethan & Jenna. First of all, it is great to see Ethan back in his great shape and all healthy! I have never met them at the reality events before. However; I have seen them in their Survivor seasons. That is probably why I am surprised to see Jenna on the Race. There's SO much running involved on the Race. It seems like Jenna is not the type of like to go out for a run. I am convinced there is some kind of curse for the reality couples from the past seasons such as Jeff & Jordan and Alison & Donny (Big Brother) - they didn't do really well on the Race. Take a look at Rob and Amber (Survivor) on their All Stars season, they went out fourth. We'll see if Ethan & Jenna can break the pattern.


The team I am going to root for is Laurence & Zac. Of course, it's the parent & child team! It is waaaaaaaay overdue for a parent and child team to win! It seems like Laurence and Zac are really close so it will def. help them out a lot on the Race for sure. Plus, it is pretty cool that Zac got to sail around the world, now he can say that he got to race around the world as well! My fingers crosses for them to make it to the Final Three and wins it all. All they need to do is not to repeat the Christina & Luke Breakdown at the final roadblock where Christina & I got stumped with the final puzzle! 3 out of past 6 seasons, Parent & Child teams made it to F3 - they'll have a real good chance of making to the Final Three. 


My pre-favorite team is Ernie & Cindy (Or we could just call them Team Lucy Morris! - check their CBS bio to see why!) they seems pretty charming, funny, and so laidback. Since they are engaged, they must know each other pretty well so it'll be their big advantage on the Race. I can see them doing so extremely well on the Race. If the father & son duo do not wins, they're my second pick to win it all!


All I have to say for Amani & Marcus and Andy & Tommy - Watch out for Double U-Turns! I am pretty sure the teams will def. gunning for those two teams. As long as the two teams works their butt off hard and stay ahead of the pack, they'll be safe from being victims of U-Turns.


Ron & Bill are the second flight attendants team to be on The Amazing Race. Being a flight attendant doesn't really give them a big advantage at the airports, maybe a little. They probably will barely bumble through first few legs just like the first flight attendants team then who knows?


I wonder how long Jeremy & Sandy have been dating for... Hopefully long enough to know each other really well otherwise we might see them bickering a lot on the Race. I guess we will have to wait and see! If pattern keeps it up, Jeremy & Sandy probably will be hit with Hazard at the starting line but they will be able to overcome the penalty.


If Justin & Jennifer got their some kind of sibling rivalry between them, lets hope they would be able to put it aside and work together to win $1 million prize. Plus, BIG kudos to them for running the race together! There is NO way I would have done it with my sister! We would have squabbled 24/7!!


We have two female teams on this season: Liz & Marie and Kaylani & Lisa! Will they be able to pull it off to win the Amazing Race and to be the third female team in a row to win The Amazing Race!??! Huge pressure on their shoulders!! I can see Liz & Marie going much further than Kaylani & Lisa though. The Twins (Liz & Marie) probably got the biggest advantage out of all teams that they know each other soooo well! I'm excited to watch these two teams on the Race.


Never underestimate the oldies! I probably would pick Bill & Cathi to be the darkhorse team. They're runners and got a lot of experiences under their belts. I am sure everybody will just overlook them just because of their ages. I would looooove to see Bill & Cathi to use U-Turn to knock a strong team out! That'll be a smart move on their part...


My Prediction for Season 19  (It is NOT spoilers at all!! It's my pure guess)


Ron & Bill: 11th Place (Since it's Double Elimination - like it'll makes any difference)
Kaylani & Lisa: 11th Place (Since it's Double Elimination - like it'll makes any difference)
Ethan & Jenna: 9th Place (Reality Curse lives on)
Bill & Cathi: 8th Place
Justin & Jennifer: 7th Place
Amani & Marcus: 6th Place
Jeremy & Sandy: 5th Place (It seems like the dating teams always goes out at 5th place) 
Liz & Marie: 4th Place (Hopefully there's no portable bathroom break!)




The Final Three
Laurence & Zac 
Ernie & Cindy
Andy & Tommy 


No way I could pick the winners. The finale leg can be just so unpredictable. It's anybody's game. Again, my whole prediction probably will be wrong! Take a look at my team, we finished 3rd in 5th leg then we went out next leg on Season 18! Before my race started on Season 14, I predicted Amanda & Kris, Preston & Jen, Kisha & Jen to be in the Final Three! I was completely wrong! That's one thing I like the most about Amazing Race is how the Race can be pretty unpredictable...

I can't wait for this season to start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment